- Oversee the management of electronic and/or paper-based information;
- Identify the most appropriate records management resources;
- Design and develop filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys;
- Set up and review documenting records systems;
- Establish retention and disposal schedules;
- Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide your staff in the management of their records and use of the employer’s records system;
- Standardise information sources throughout an organisation or group of organisations;
- Manage the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems;
- Respond to information enquiries, giving appropriate access to information;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Advise on complex legal and regulatory issues, often involving judgements in areas such as the freedom of information act and other national or regional legislation;
- Preserve corporate memory and heritage;
- Manage budgets and resources;
- Train and supervise records staff.
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicant must hold a first degree in related field and must have at leat 2years working experience.
- Knowledge in Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills to deal with senior colleagues, suppliers and contractors;
- Negotiation skills to persuade senior colleagues to follow agreed record storing guidelines;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to develop an understanding of how your organisation works and build integrated records systems;
- Good project management and organisational skills;
- A good grasp of new technology to use and adapt to new it packages and systems;
- An awareness of information management principles and familiarity with information systems and archives and pays attention to detail;
- Flexibility to get involved in all aspects of information provision.