The Entrepreneurship Development in Higher Education (EDHE) Lekgotla has announced its 3rd annual flagship event will take place in June this year.
The four-day long event, which is hosted by the Department of Higher Education and Training and Universities South Africa (USAf), for university students entrepreneurs will take place at the Durban International Convention Centre (ICC) from 25th to 28th June 2019. The theme this year will be entrepreneurship through the arts.
Furthermore, the purpose is for university entrepreneurs to share their insights into the best practices, latest industry trends and developments, and foster collaboration with regard to entrepreneurship in higher education.
The objectives for this year will include:
- Providing an engagement platform for leaders of entrepreneurship in higher education.
- Providing a learning platform and voice for student entrepreneurs also known as student-preneurs.
- Facilitating and supporting the work of the EDHE communities of practice for students entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship in academia and entrepreneurial universities.
- Showcasing student business in a bespoke, locally focused marketplace.
- Showcasing business and organizations for entrepreneurship in higher education in an exhibition.
- Showcasing the collaborative commitment of local government and universities in support of entrepreneurship development in the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
For further information on how to register head to the EDHE website.[Image – CC 0 Pixabay]